The Museum of Modern Art Dubrovnik was founded in 1945. The building now occupied by the museum was originally conceived and built (1935-1939) as the residential mansion of a Dubrovnik ship-owner Božo Banac, and in 1948 it was converted into exhibition premises and a museum. It was designed by well-known Croatian architects Lavoslav Horvat and Harold Bilinić in the neo-Renaissance-Gothic style. Together with the large terraces looking on to the sea and its garden, the Museum has 900 square metres of indoor and over 1100 square metres of outdoor exhibition space. Concentrating its interest on artwork from the times of world-famous painter Vlaho Bukovac until now, the Museum managed to acquire a valuable collection with more than 2000 paintings, sculptures, graphic art and drawings over more than 60 years of its existence. The collection is divided into three different parts – regional, national and international, and it contains the work of nearly every influential local and national painter, sculptor and graphic artist.
Daily from 10:00 – 20:00
Closed on Mondays